I was so excited when I picked out the fabric for this pattern. But it ended in disaster. First off...patterns out of magazines suck. I can't stand it when it says to "enlarge pattern 200%". Needless to say, I enlarged the pattern wrong and the slippers were way to small!
The pattern calls for 1/8 yd per piece. Either it's not enough or my fabric lady jipped me (I think it's the latter). Rick-rack was to small, I'd go up one size next time.
I gave up. I'm just not going to be good at sewing slippers. It is a really easy pattern. I just got frustrated once I realized how small they were coming out. The poor front. It's gathering where it's not supposed to be, and not gathering where it should be. The pattern says to gather but doesn't tell you how much, so I guessed.
I feel silly at how easy this pattern really is, and how frustrated I got.
If anyone out there is reading this and has created these slippers, please send me a link. I'd love to see how they came out.