. Celestina Carmen: Reconnecting With My Sewing Machine

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reconnecting With My Sewing Machine




I've been unknowingly boycotting my sewing machine. I haven't used it in about 1 1/2 weeks. It might not seem like a long time, but if it had hips we'd be attached. I've had 2 sewing flops that both started out perfect. Once I came to the very end, it was disastrous. I'm sure they're fixable but I get so frustrated, they end up in the bin of unfinished projects.




Flop 1: I didn't leave the turn-right-side-out hole big enough and the fabric tore. I tried to fix it (as you can tell). I can't give this to someone now.





Flop 2: Not to sure what happened. After I topstitched the lining/exterior, I got puckering and curling. The Lining side curls toward the exterior. I think it has something to do with the lining being so much thinner. Not sure. How do I fix it? I made this bag in a crunch for my friend's b-day. Now it's with all the other unfinished projects.


I've been so hesitant to start a sewing project out of frustration. BUT ... my new gocco should be arriving this week. I'd better finish my projects I've put on hold. After that, my time is with gocco.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails