. Celestina Carmen: Gocco Ink Cones

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gocco Ink Cones


When I first purchased my Gocco supplies, I bought a pack of ink cones. I originally thought I'd use these to store my leftover inks. Then I came across little containers at Michael's and decided to store the ink in there. To use the inks, I just scrap it out with a spatula. It's messier and harder to get the spatula into small spots with finer detail. That's were the ink cones come in handy.


First I fold back the top and turn the ink cone inside out until I reach near the tip (were I'd like to start filling the cone).



Once I've filled it with ink, I twist the top and seal it with tape. Snip the tip and you are ready to ink.

Much more precise, less wasteful and definitely less mess. I liked applying with the cones. I'll make sure to stock up on these before their gone.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 comments:

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

I love those cards! The ink cones look great... but I had a very similar experience just this week with a plain old ziploc baggie. Just use a corner and snip off the tip, like you said. Hope that helps if they ever stop selling them!

Tina said...

Thank you.
I thought about using the baggies. Which I'll eventually have to use, but I really like the thickness of the ink cones.

jenkosman said...

Thanx for bringing up the cones... I was just at Michaels last night taking a cake decorating class. They have these great disposable cone bags for icing now. They are thicker than the zip top bags. But your comments just made me think that maybe the icing bags will work for ink cones. I have a 50% off coupon so I think I will go for they economy 100 pack box & see if they work for ink too!

Tina said...

Disposable icing cone bags! Great idea jenkosman.

Related Posts with Thumbnails