Long awaited, finally arrived. It pays to pre-order. I received my copy in the mail yesterday. I love it. Here is a sneek peek ...
It's a spiralbound, hardcover book. Similar to Amy Butler's In Stitches and Lotta Jansdotters Simple Sewing. The book starts off by covering how to choose your surface to print on, a printing method, and inks. Also covered:
- Stamping: custom rubber stamps, foam stamps and carved rubber block stamps. Two projects to go along with each technique.
- Stenciling: freezer paper stencils, contact paper stencils, mylar stencils. Two projects to go along with each technique.
- Screen Printing: paper stencils, drawing fluid and screen filler, photographic emulsion. Two projects to go with each technique.
Each project has detailed instructions as well as photos to demonstrate. I was drawn to this book in hopes of learning new screenprinting techniques. I can't wait to try out the paper stencils. I'm actually in the process of using the drawing fluid technique. I had some questions regarding this and was able to find answers in this book. This book has made a wonderful edition to my printing library.
- Patterns for her beautiful designs.
- Color formulas/ tips for creating the inks used in the book.
- A fabulous tutorial on printing repeat patterns.