. Celestina Carmen: Printing by Hand - Lena Corwin

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Printing by Hand - Lena Corwin

Photo via Amazon.

Long awaited, finally arrived. It pays to pre-order. I received my copy in the mail yesterday. I love it. Here is a sneek peek ...





It's a spiralbound, hardcover book. Similar to Amy Butler's In Stitches and Lotta Jansdotters Simple Sewing. The book starts off by covering how to choose your surface to print on, a printing method, and inks. Also covered:
  • Stamping: custom rubber stamps, foam stamps and carved rubber block stamps. Two projects to go along with each technique.
  • Stenciling: freezer paper stencils, contact paper stencils, mylar stencils. Two projects to go along with each technique.
  • Screen Printing: paper stencils, drawing fluid and screen filler, photographic emulsion. Two projects to go with each technique.

Each project has detailed instructions as well as photos to demonstrate. I was drawn to this book in hopes of learning new screenprinting techniques. I can't wait to try out the paper stencils. I'm actually in the process of using the drawing fluid technique. I had some questions regarding this and was able to find answers in this book. This book has made a wonderful edition to my printing library.

Also included:

  • Patterns for her beautiful designs.
  • Color formulas/ tips for creating the inks used in the book.
  • A fabulous tutorial on printing repeat patterns.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great book - what other books would you recommend to someone interested in printing fabric?

Jacqui Dodds said...

I am thinking of buying this book and can't wait to see what you do with your prints
Jacqui

Related Posts with Thumbnails