. Celestina Carmen: Project Runway :: Season 7 Episode 3

Friday, January 29, 2010

Project Runway :: Season 7 Episode 3

Here's my recap, cliff notes style. If you don't want to know, don't read!!


Episode 3 : The Highs And Lows Of Fashion
Challenge : Team Challenge - Create A Signature Look and a look-for-less inspired by another team’s design
Guest Judge : Mathew Williamson (British Designer)


Favorite Designer(s) : Emilio/Anna's signature look
Least Favorite Designer(s) : Jay/Maya's signature look





Winner : Mila



Competition Over For : Ping


Yeahs ::
  • Anthony/Seth - signature look - I loved the color and how it popped against the black. It was a little big on the bottom. I agree with the judges that it is a little costumey but I still think it was lovely.
  • Janeane/Ben - signature look - even though it was a little plain, it was very well made.
  • Emilio/Anna - signature look - loved the fit and color.

Nays ::
  • Jesus/Amy - signature look - crazy patchwork.
  • Jesus/Amy- second look - the pants were not bad. It was the waistband I really didn't like, and I didn't like the top.
  • Mila/Jonathan - signature look - 80s meets modern spandex.
  • Mila/Jonathan - second look - top was cute but the bottom of the baby doll dress was way to wide.
  • Jay/Maya - signature look - looked like the dress had gills.
  • Ping/Jesse - signature look - The top was gorgeous but the heavy fabric draping her shoulder look terrible. Why would anyone want to have to hold their dress up?
  • Ping/Jess- second look - to plain and ill fitted.
  • Anthony/Seth - second look - to much lace.
There are so many designers at this point that I commented on the ones that stood out.

So here's the deal ... I must have bad taste because I never agree with the big time fashion judges. We seem to be on opposite sides of the spectrum. Although, we did agree on one thing, Ping going home. She's out of her league. If you're on a show like this, you should really know how to sew.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments:

Brooke Reviews said...

I can understand why they picked Mila's design, but I didn't like it either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails