Here's my recap, cliff notes style. If you don't want to know, don't read!!
Episode 1 : Back To New York
Challenge: Designers must create a look that embodies who you are as a designer.
Favorite Designer(s): n/a
Least Favorite Designer(s): Christiane, Ben
Competition Over For: Christiane
- Jonathan's - well constructed.
- Seth Aaron's - liked the fabric choice. It was fun but I didn't like the flapping staps.
- Jay's - cute ruffles on the sides.
- Pamela's - I wouldn't wear, but I liked the shape. The back was questionable.
- Emilio's - nice pattern work. Creative.
- Amy's - not bad.
- Anna's - innocent and dollish.
- Jesus's - looks heavy. Wrong fabric choice for a long dress. He should have left it short. Should have listened to Tim.
- Ben's - crazy shoulder points?
- Jay's - what was with that big pom pom in the middle.
- Jesse's - didn't like the fabric or tailoring.
- Ping's - a little to close to rags.
- Christiane's - nothing did it for me. The construction was bad and so was the fabric choices.
- Janeane's - boring and the skirt was baggy.
- Mila's - shape was okay but I didn't like the fabrics she choose. They clashed.
- Anthony's - the model looked like she was wearing a pillow on her side. He should have not listened to Tim and kept the green solid print in.
- Maya's - wow that was a big ruffle.
As you can see, I wasn't really impressed with anyone's. I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of how this season is going to go. Is it just me or has the show gone a little south since it moved to lifetime? The picture quality didn't look as good.