. Celestina Carmen: My First Knitted Bag

Sunday, January 6, 2008

My First Knitted Bag

I've knitted on and off ever since I was a little girl, mostly scarves. I love bags so this was a real treat. The inside of the bag is lined with cotton. I don't get the chance to knit often, due to my bad cramping hands. This was the first time I've knitted in the round...I really enjoyed it.

The Bag:

The pattern came from Debbie Stoller's book Stitch 'N Bitch. Here's what I did to create the bag.

  • Cast on 80 stitches.
  • Continue stockinette stitch until you reach the height (how deep) you want. Mine was a little more than 10 inches. Bind off.
  • Turn bag inside out. Using the same yarn, stitch bottom closed. Turn bag right side out.
  • Lining : width of bag (plus seam allowance) x (double) length. Fold in half (RS together), stitch both open sides closed. Fold over top raw edge. Insert into bag (WS together), stitch lining to bag. Leave enough room at top of bag for attaching handles.
  • Use the same yarn and attach handles to top. Pattern recommended handle size is (about) 13 1/2" x 10".
The Ribbon Rosette was courtesy of Adorn Magazine. So easy to make. Click here for the link to the tutorial.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails