I've been having so much fun with my design software and seeing my designs on paper (I'll start posting more of my stuff and hopefully get some feedback). I was thinking ... combined with my love of fabric ... I'd love to see some of my designs on rolls of fabric. I've been doing some research (there's not a lot of information on the web).
Fabric I'm looking at : bamboo, canvas, linen, hemp, cotton. Thanks to Lara of Kirin Notebook she posted a link about Pick Hemp. I've already emailed them and unfortunately they don't have any recommendations for textile printers. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to knowing which fabric will work best for the printers. Plus plus... they are based in San Francisco...about 45 minutes from me. Thanks Lara for the link.
It's so hard to find a printer that prints on yardage not just t-shirts. If anyone out there has any recommendations, please let me know. For now I'll keep on looking.
Here are some links to inspiring blogs about textile design :
- Kirin Notebook - I've emailed Lara and she has been kind enough to take the time from her busy schedule to reply and lend a helping hand. Her designs are fabulous.
- Ninapatina - Read about the steps she's taking to starting her own textile design business.
- Print & Pattern -Showcases designs from very talented artists.
- Hollabee - Checkout her designs from the beginning.
- Naked & Angry - Submit pattern designs to be scored.
- Sandi Henderson - She offers some great tips on what it entails.
- Decor8- A open discussion on turning your patterns into products.
- Veerle's Blog - She's a fabulous graphic designer. With every one of her posts, I become more skilled at graphic designing.