. Celestina Carmen: Swing Bag

Monday, January 28, 2008

Swing Bag

Pattern: Amy Butler Swing Bag- Reversible shoulder bag

Fabric: Cotton (Home Decor) Amy Butler Nigella Collection, Lining : Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton (my favorite solid print)

Changes Made To Pattern: Squared off the bottom. I didn't like the "triangle" on the bottom. I also added pockets on both sides of the interior.

This was a very fast and easy pattern. Maybe my favorite Amy Butler pattern. The canvas lining makes the bag very durable and still allows for the slouchy feel.
I started off using this bag as a everyday purse. I could carry all my essentials, my appointment book, water bag, and still have room for more. As my two boys got a little older I didn't need a big diaper bag (I was using Amy Butler's Nappy Bag). So, now I use the Swing Bag for that. It's perfect as a diaper bag.

Would I sew this again? Definitely. I've made a total of 5! They make great gifts for bag lovers.

Scale (1-5) = 2, beginner friendly









AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails