I don't sew clothes. I sew handbags, tote, pillows and other accessories. Clothes are hard for me. I can't just pick a pattern and go. Their is sizing and re-fitting the pattern. I've tried a few garments, and they're all in my "need-to-finish" drawer. I came across this free online pattern Apron For Divya. Simple and easy, I can do that.
For something so easy, I messed up from the start. I didn't draw out the pattern right. The neck was way to big. I had all this fabric bulking up on my chest. I made the arm holes to big. The back of the smock wouldn't connect for a snap. Corrections made:
I added pin tucks to the front neck to decrease the size and bulk.
I sewed ribbon (to help cover up the elastic) to connect the back. There are 2 of these. The snaps are temporary (to big). When I get some more I'll replace them. I might even replace the elastic at some point. I'd like to have a thicker ribbon to cover all the elastic. I only used what I had on hand.
For something that was done in a couple of hours...I really like it. I can stay clean and look cute while I'm screenprinting.