Please excuse the bad pics. Took these with my phone while my camera is out of service.
After much procrastination, I've taken my throw out and started working on it again. I ran into a few snags and almost gave up.
- No safety pins. Constantly poking and stabbing myself, I'm surprised I didn't throw this across the room.
- Not enough work space. Laying it on my floor is killer on my bad back. Not enough sewing room. This throw is so heavy that while I was trying to quilt it, it was constantly falling off the table and pulling. Which caused crooked stitching. I ended up keeping the stitching and almost completing. Came across this blog post, link, and a light bulb went off. Took me a few hours but I ripped out all the stitching I'd done so far.
- Since I changed to The Simple Tied Quilt, I had to readjust some of my measurements. I was in a rush so I constantly found myself readjusting my measurements.
Now, I'm almost done! Everything is in place and ready to be hand stitched. I'm loving how it is looking. This is motivation to hurry up and finish.