. Celestina Carmen: On My Desk Wednesday :: A New Printing Surface

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On My Desk Wednesday :: A New Printing Surface

I just finished making my new printing surface, for printing on fabric. All my printing books suggest printing fabric on a cushioned surface. Here's what I did ...

I had some wood laying around and I covered it with batting + fleece interfacing. They are both thin so I combined them (1 layer of each). I sprayed the wood panel with Craft Bond spray adhesive, to prevent the batting from shifting. I covered the batting with muslin.




Here's the back. I used Tacky Glue to adhere the muslin to the back of the wood. I sealed the edges with duct tape. The wood was to thin for a staple gun (I learned that the hard way). It was easy and quick. Best of all, I didn't need to buy anything. I used whatever I had lying around.



Now that I'm printing on a thicker surface, I've added "props" to raise my screen. You don't want your screen touching the surface.




Click here to see the other players.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 comments:

Sherrin said...

All looks great... have you just screwed hinges to a table or something for your prop?

Tacha said...

Looks good. Have you used it yet? Does it make a better print?

Angie said...

Nice! I'm sure you will love it. Have you finished the book yet? Waiting for your review.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I'm enjoying your blog! I love to see the process. Reminds my of my college days when everything I did was by hand. Must revisit that soon!! Your blog is very inspiring.
*found you thru Dozi.

Related Posts with Thumbnails